The Power of Re
I overheard a woman speaking the other day in the elevator. Well, didn’t exactly overhear, it was a confined space and she was speaking loudly. She kept talking about how exhausted she was and that she needed to regenerate. She must have used the word regenerate ten times. At some level I could relate. In fact, the other nodding heads in the elevator gave credence to this articulated common denominator.
I love me a good “Re” word. Case in point, there are 26 of them in this piece.
It got me thinking about the impact of a good Re. It can be powerful and allows you to live your life rather than your life living you. It’s taking control of your life.
The power of the Re is that it places new energy in a new way toward, well, toward anything.
There are a lot great Re words, but here are some powerful ones to Re whatever needs a redo or a rethink or a reframe. I could go on…
- Reinvent yourself by getting back to your foundation, what you love and why you do what you do.
- Reinvest your time in a new and charitable way.
- Reclaim your dreams, keeping them alive by articulating them on a regular basis.
- Rejuvenate your attitude, turning can’t into can and don’t into do.
- Refocus your energy by pausing, taking a deep breath, perhaps meditating or journaling.
- Readjust your thinking, allowing yourself to come at a project from a fresh angle.
- Retool your personal brand, your resume, your career intentions. A fresh approach can bring fresh results.
- Recharge your physical battery; exercise, take walks midday or even rearrange your commute on the way to work.
- Reignite your vision, like gently blowing on cooling embers. It’s always there, gently wake it up and bring it to life by pursuing it in thought and action, a little every day.
- Redesign your plan; remove what’s not working and try something else.
- Reframe your perspective, adjusting your view to gain new intelligence.
- Refresh your relationships by reaching out to someone you haven’t talked to in a while. And, by being present in every exchange.
- And, Refuse to quit on yourself.
"Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit." ~
Oh my, there are just so many. Review. Release. Renovate. Redecorate. Recreate. Reimagine.
Every day, you have an opportunity to hit the reboot button, in whatever way you choose.
In the way our skin renews itself every 24 hours, embracing the Re allows us to do the same thing in our lives. And, the good news is you can do and redo it again and again.
It’s truly the cycle of life. Or, in this case, the recycle of life.