With the current economic and marketplace stresses being felt by all of us, ‘happy’ is not an emotion many associate with being at work. Here are a few Cashmere tips to get your happy back on in your daily work life:
· Breathe Breaks – schedule 3 to 4 ten minute breathe breaks into your Outlook calendar. Studies have shown that stress causes people to breathe improperly resulting in a lack of oxygen which can lead to low levels of concentration, negative thoughts as well as a myriad of health issues. Keep it simple.
- If you have a door, close it; practice some deep belly breathing as in yoga; stretch your limbs; gaze out a window. If you don't have an office, find a room with a door and steal it for a moment!
- Get outside and walk around the block or take a moment with nature, breathe it in. A moment with a tree and bring your back to being present.
· Gratitude Moments – taking a moment to be thankful for what you have only brings more of that into your life. List three things you’re grateful for - come on, you can think of three! Do it every day.
· Positive Focus – an attitude shift only happens when you focus on the positive and what you actually like about your job and workplace. There’s got to be something! Start with that one thing and see where it takes you.
· Compliment Someone – find someone to compliment today. Trust me, it will brighten yours!
It may not seem like a lot, but simple steps taken every day can give you a whole new outlook before you know it.